Skip to main content

I just saw Wednesday referred to as 'Winsday' for the first time. POSITIVITY.

You know that point of the day where you're just like:

"I'm sorry, this 'work' you speak of cannot be done."

Yeah. So. Wednesday. Other than the post today in honor of FRABJOUS MOONSTONE DAY, I updated less in the past few days than my normal, manically writing self is accustomed. So WHAT'S UP. Well. I met the lovely and awesome Rainbow Rowell on Saturday, who was in downtown Chicago. Nerd terms were explained (TO me, not by me -- I was astonished), hangover bananas were eaten (they work, people), Attachments was briefly discussed (WHY HAVEN'T YOU ALL READ IT). Excellent times.

What else? Author John Green was at LeakyCon (Harry Potter convention) and he was CONSTANTLY attended by a gathering of teenage lady devotees. He basically looks like a gawky nerd, which he seems to own, so more power to him. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who didn't cry during The Fault in Our Stars, but at least part of that is because I finished it while eating french fries at Epic Burger. No one can be sad when there're french fries!

Ok, I JUST found the image that's the original reason I was going to post, so HERE YOU GO:

click to embiggen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Blogger Hop, Pt II

All right. The question for this week is:  "Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?" Oh-ho my. I have an issue with book commitment. I start a new book, and it's exciting and fresh, and I get really jazzed about it, and then 20% of the way through, almost without fail, I start getting bored and want to start another book. I once had seven books going at the same time, because I kept getting bored and starting new ones. It's a sickness. Right now I'm being pretty good and working on The Monk , Northanger Abbey , Kissing the Witch , and I'm about to start Waiting for the Barbarians since my friend lent it to me. But The Monk and NA are basically books I only read when I'm at work, so I don't see it so much as working on four books, as having books in different locales. Yes. This entry wasn't as good as some of the others, but I shall rally on the morrow. Yes I shall.

Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy: Readalong Signup

You know what was the third bestseller of its time after Uncle Tom's Cabin  and Ben-Hur ? THAT IS CORRECT, Looking Backward  by Edward Bellamy.  No one talks about this book anymore, but it was a sci-fi utopian novel about a young man waking up in the year 2000, which is a socialist utopia . Looking Backward  spawned over 150 "Bellamy Clubs" that got together and discussed political issues, and it looks like a damn fascinating book. It is also available FOR FREE online. Here's the Project Gutenberg link . So read this not too long book with me in February and get familiar with a bestseller of the 19th century!

Minithon: The Mini Readathon, January 11th, 2020

The minithon is upon us once more! Minithons are for the lazy. Minithons are for the uncommitted. Minithons are for us. The minithon lasts 6 hours (10 AM to 4 PM CST), therefore making it a mini readathon, as opposed to the lovely Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and 24in48, both of which you should participate in, but both of which are a longer commitment than this, the Busy Watching Netflix person's readathon. By 'read for six hours' what's really meant in the minithon is "read a little bit and eat a lot of snacks and post pictures of your books and your snacks, but mostly your snacks." We like to keep it a mini theme here, which mainly means justifying your books and your snacks to fit that theme. Does your book have children in it? Mini people! Does it have a dog! Mini wolf! Does it have pencils? Mini versions of graphite mines! or however you get graphite, I don't really know. I just picture toiling miners. The point is, justify it or don't...