Skip to main content

Harry Potter Readalong Schedule


All right, Readalongers. Here's the schedule for the first four books. I'll add the others as it gets closer (which won't be for a while, so calm yo'selves). If people want to take certain books faster/slower, we can decide that later.

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
January 11th - Chapters 1 through 9
January 18th - Chapters 10 through 17 (end of book)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
January 25th - Chapters 1 through 10
February 1st - Chapters 11 through 18 (end of book)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
February 8th - Chapters 1 through 11
February 15th - Chapters 12 through 22 (end of book)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
February 22nd - Chapters 1 through 13
March 1st - Chapters 14 through 20
March 8th - Chapters 21 through 28
March 15th - Chapters 29 through 37 (end of book)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
March 22nd - Chapters 1 through 12
March 29th - Chapters 13 through 20
April 5th - Chapters 21 through 29
April 12th - Chapters 30 through 38 (end of book)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
April 19th - Chapters 1 through 7
April 26th - Chapters 8 through 18
May 3rd - Chapters 19 through 30 (end of book)

Tales of Beedle the Bard
May 10th 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
May 17th - Chapters 1 through 10
May 24th - Chapters 11 through 19
May 31st - SKIPPING FOR BEA
June 7th - Chapters 20 through 28
June 14th - Chapters 29 through Epilogue (end of book)

June 21st - Wrap-Up Posts for This Immensely Long Readalong
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Blogger Hop, Pt II

All right. The question for this week is:  "Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?" Oh-ho my. I have an issue with book commitment. I start a new book, and it's exciting and fresh, and I get really jazzed about it, and then 20% of the way through, almost without fail, I start getting bored and want to start another book. I once had seven books going at the same time, because I kept getting bored and starting new ones. It's a sickness. Right now I'm being pretty good and working on The Monk , Northanger Abbey , Kissing the Witch , and I'm about to start Waiting for the Barbarians since my friend lent it to me. But The Monk and NA are basically books I only read when I'm at work, so I don't see it so much as working on four books, as having books in different locales. Yes. This entry wasn't as good as some of the others, but I shall rally on the morrow. Yes I shall.

Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy: Readalong Signup

You know what was the third bestseller of its time after Uncle Tom's Cabin  and Ben-Hur ? THAT IS CORRECT, Looking Backward  by Edward Bellamy.  No one talks about this book anymore, but it was a sci-fi utopian novel about a young man waking up in the year 2000, which is a socialist utopia . Looking Backward  spawned over 150 "Bellamy Clubs" that got together and discussed political issues, and it looks like a damn fascinating book. It is also available FOR FREE online. Here's the Project Gutenberg link . So read this not too long book with me in February and get familiar with a bestseller of the 19th century!

Minithon: The Mini Readathon, January 11th, 2020

The minithon is upon us once more! Minithons are for the lazy. Minithons are for the uncommitted. Minithons are for us. The minithon lasts 6 hours (10 AM to 4 PM CST), therefore making it a mini readathon, as opposed to the lovely Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and 24in48, both of which you should participate in, but both of which are a longer commitment than this, the Busy Watching Netflix person's readathon. By 'read for six hours' what's really meant in the minithon is "read a little bit and eat a lot of snacks and post pictures of your books and your snacks, but mostly your snacks." We like to keep it a mini theme here, which mainly means justifying your books and your snacks to fit that theme. Does your book have children in it? Mini people! Does it have a dog! Mini wolf! Does it have pencils? Mini versions of graphite mines! or however you get graphite, I don't really know. I just picture toiling miners. The point is, justify it or don't...