|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
Doing it backwards like Alley, because she's cool.
10. Jezebel - ALL THE HILARIOUS FEMINISTY THINGS. Plus one of their writers, Lindy West, is SO VERY FUNNY and I want us to hang out and watch movies while eating chocolate covered pretzels, and then she will make fun of the movies and let me have the last pretzels and it will be the best friendship ever.
9. The Onion - Oh, Onion. You have been my favorite for so long. Where else can I read the King Tut commentary Hey, Where Did All My Stuff Go? or Ghost of Anne Frank: 'Quit Reading My Diary'?
8. Are You Married, River? - Yeah. So. Uh. This is basically run by the Queen of the Doctor/River shippers, and it's one of the only tumblrs I check consistently. If something Doctor/River Song-related is worth reblogging, it'll probably be reblogged by her (which, if you don't know tumblr, is 'reposted'). She also writes fic, which I have spent hours reading. Hooooours.
7. Amazon (DO NOT KILL ME) - LOOK IT'S EASY OK? And I have a Kindle, so it's where I get my Kindle books, other than the library. Although really it's mostly the library.
6. IMSLP - Ah, the International Music Score Library Project, which keeps getting shut down due to lawsuits and then brought back up due to loopholes. Basically it has a ridiculous amount of free sheet music, which is SO helpful to poor people who don't have time to go to the library (comme moooooi).
5. YAP Tracker - Young Artist Program Tracker. This is where you try to find an audition for an opera program that will allow you to become a grateful indentured servant for a summer or season.
4. The Bloggess - OBviously. You're not following her? You're ridiculous.
3. Rachel Maddow Audio Podcast - Video at work is rightfully discouraged, so I listen to the Rachel Maddow Show via audio. Which is a bit unfortunate when she says things like "Yup, you read that right," and I'm like "WHAT? WHAT DID I READ RIGHT? RACHEEEEEEEEL!" But mostly it works out fine.
2. Livejournal - Awwww, Livejournal. Remember Livejournal? Yeah, so, I've had one since 2002 and I refuse to get rid of it. Because it's been 11 years, and that's a COMMITMENT, damnit. Plus some of the best internet people I know I met through LJ. Mostly by posting picspams and then experiencing mutual flailing.
And I'm out of things. So here's a website I went to every day when I was 12.
1. Deidre Hall